TALES OF SHUTTLES WON AND LOST.....

Along the way this year there have been a few great shuttles collected in my travels.

Some spur of the moment and impulse buys....others carefully plotted! ( I will leave you to work out which is which.......)




Black "pumpkinseed" type - Grannys Thimble ETSY



Susan Bates metal bobbin shuttle - Grannys Thimble ETSY



Brass filigree heart - Beadinmama - eBay



Brass shuttle - Rositas - eBay



Silver plated leaf shuttle - Rositas - eBay



Reflective Heart shuttle by Alma Negrete - Two Hearts ETSY



Upcycled Vinyl Record Tatting Shuttle - shadetreeart - ETSY



Engraved horn shuttle - Rositas - eBay



Red Clover with pick - furrybaby - ETSY



And a Lydia Pinkham......whether real or fake I don't care!!!



eBay - Banyek



eBay - but I can't remember who!!

All of the above are well behaved and currently residing in my specially marked tatting shuttle receptacle!


















This one for Fox at least is safe in her busy tatting hands!



















Then there were the purchases that have decided to escape during the move from the farm.....grrr.






Holly shuttle from Sally Kerson



Rosewood flat shuttle from Sally Kerson



El Cheapo shuttles from Tombolo & Disegni (10 of them to be precise!)



and 4 sets of these I intended to decorate.....GRRRRRRRRR













Worst of all there were these escapees during out trip to Temora in November.....personally I think they took the whole"liberated from their boxes" thing a BIT too far....



Especially one like this little fella from Chris Hinton (this one isn't mine - nicked the pic from internet never got around to photographing my one)......took me 20 months to get them to cough this one up...should never have taken it out of the box!






And the only bobbin shuttles I have ever been on speaking terms with.... a GR-8 ebony single bobbin shuttle and my precious Autumn Bird LaCossette (this one I am the saddest about - I love that shuttle!)








Luckily the David Reed Smith shuttles that Fox gifted to me and the ones I bought after that decided to stay at home and negotiate a peace deal with the Clover shuttles this spring...







So... if you happen to see any of these shuttles in you neighbourhood or have any dreams or thoughts on where the heck they could be....

feel free to contact me!!! LOL (not really laughing.....really worried for their safety!)




I HATE MOVING>>>>>>













UPDATE.....ALL the missing shuttles have made their way home and are now locked up in maximum security and only let out on special occasions!

Comments

  1. D'oh!!! I'm sorry for your loss(es)..... I hope they turn up in some forgotten UFO receptacle for you..... Hope you've had a good Chrissie, and happy 2014 to come!! Off I go to rearrange my blog, vicnet are no longer hosting personal pages (arrrrgh), so I'll be cramming my old stuff into my blog.... See you next year I hope!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deceptive patterns

Motif 8??